Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade Beauty Goodies


Is this an obscene photo?  No indeed, it's my homemade lotion! 
So my dad orders tons of beeswax for his metal working dealies, so I decided it'd be awesome if I nabbed some and tried to make my own beauty goods!
So here are some of the results: two different colored lip balms (which I love incidentally), and a runny lotion.
The lotion was creamy when I made it originally - at home, in a cold environment.  When I brought the bottle back to school however, it became a much more gooey liquidy consistency. 
Conclusion?  Lotion making will require more practice, but lip balm is full of win.  The hyper-moisturizing nature of both of these seem to be working great with my oh-so touchy skin, so I'll probably try to refine my recipe over the summer.

No comments: