Thursday, June 16, 2011

Commitment

I've always had issues with it, when not in reference to you know, people.  I tend to do things in half-measures - I often spread myself out a lot and to make up for having a half dozen projects going on, I tend to half-ass things that aren't graded or anything.
This blog for example - I'm definitely not updating it as often as I should be.  Not like a loyal blogger at least.  The same for my other blog, which is about reading books, which I'm always doing.  I should have plenty to write.
Alas.  Other things distract me.  What can I say?
....
Well, earlier this week I attended my friend's first Mary Kay makeup party thing.  I've never been to one of those things and it was pretty fun (if admittedly dim; it was held at my other friend's new place and they haven't quite settled in yet) but I was fascinated by this whole being-your-own-boss thing - again. 
My friend is the first person I know on a personal level who does this kind of thing, also the first person who has been pretty honest about the whole startup cost.  Working for Mary Kay seems pretty reasonable to me, and a good way to supplement my lower cash amount while looking fabulous! (lol)
So perhaps I'll sign up for it?  I'm tight on funds (who isn't?) and the initial cost isn't as much as I expected, but it's still more money than I typically drop at any given time.  As mentioned above, I have a bit of an issue with commitment and tend to waffle on these kind of things...like the Avon thing.  But this seems better :)

1 comment:

ViciousTrickster said...

D: sorry, i'll try harder next time