Friday, October 22, 2010

Smoky Blue look

 Well I tried to do a smoky eye with some of this sparkly blue eyeshadow from Hot Topic.  I really love this look.  Minus the frizzies.
I used the Drama eyeshadow quad from ELF and laid the silver shade down as a base, then smudged the blue from lashline to that creasy part on the eye, blending as much as possible.  The blue was still pretty bright so I used the sparkly black as shading in the outer corners to tone it down a bit and it ended up looking great!  A very day wear smoky that doesn't make me feel like an overdone Mimi (Drew Carey show anyone?).
I also tried using the white in the pallet to highlight under the arches of my brows and blended down for the first time.  My skin is pale enough that I generally don't bother with this step since I'm always afraid I'll look like a transvestite or something.  I ended up blending it down to the lightest possible distribution of it....best to start light.



The rest of my face was pretty simple.  Just some hardcore SPF, ELF's studio brow kit, ELF all over color stick in Pink Lemonade (LOVE this shade) and some Nuetrogena gloss in Fruity Pink or something like that.  It was a pretty pink.

No comments: