Saturday, October 2, 2010

Drugstore products and the White Queen

Sooooo I went to Wal-Mart intending to go pick up a simple knife for cooking and whatnot and well....a lot more money later I left with a pile of stuff.
First purchase relevant to this blog: More of that Nexxus Humectress Luxe leave in conditioner that I raved about earlier.  Not having it around is causing my hair to feel more like...straw and less like hair.  So yeah, needed that (about $11 at Wal-Mart).
I also picked up Clean & Clear's Advantage acne spot treatment....Midterms have me breaking out like a fourteen year old.  Okay not that bad, but still gross and embarrassing.  I've never used this particular one, but it has a strong kick of salicylic acid to it.  I just applied some and oh how it burned!  Well, that's how you know it's working.  I guess.
And I finally got some refills for my Neutrogena Wave face cleaner thing.  I usually buy the Clean & Clear brand refills, but I can't find them anywhere for some reason...maybe they were discontinued. :(  These new replacements are Neutrogena brand, with salicylic acid in them.  They also seem a lot more abrasive than the original refills - one of the reasons I used the Clean & Clear instead of Neutrogena, they were more exfoliating.  Overall, I like this one a lot.

Unrelated to health/beauty - IT'S ALMOST HALLOWEEN!
The one time of year when the entire city decks out in it's sluttiest, sparkliest costumes to parade up and down streets!
Well, I'm not much for the sluttier costumes...I'm pretty self-conscious about my weight (for not much reason tbh), I don't drink (So I WILL mind all my skin showing the ENTIRE night), and am a bit of a germophobe.
This year however!  I will be trying to work on a more complete costume for Emma Frost aka The White Queen from X-Men.  I'm a comics/manga/anime geek, but this is the first time I'll be trying to do something so provocative.
That's basically the outfit I'll be doing...I've got a white corset that will do, but it'll cover a bit more than this one lol...I've bought a pile of satin for making faux boots (by hand since I have no sewing machine here) and a cape - no white faux fur at the fabric stores though, so that'll have to wait until I can do a more thorough search.  Gloves - got em, racy panties shouldn't be hard to find (that cape's staying on all night though lol).
The only really difficult thing will be making spats out of white satin...by hand.  I can find a blonde wig easily enough and lighten my brows with makeup.
Well, that's all for now, will post my Emma Frost makeup look eventually :D

No comments: